Whereas Dr. Wiggy is the medical guy in our house, I’m the practical counterpart. One of our biggest goals at Raise Them Well is to make your life easier as a parent. We’ve been big fans of magnesium oil for a while, but squirmy kids aren’t the easiest for squeezable oil. It goes everywhere and gets really runny and messy and of course kids love messes.
Enter easy: Kids love to roll things on themselves. It’s so easy and they can do it themselves (which of course every toddler and older wants to do). They will likely need a little help rubbing it in depending on age, but no biggie and so much less messy!
There are lots of forms of magnesium that are great for adults, but often times pose problems for kids.
1. Pills- Not sure about you but I can barely swallow those suckers myself. Not suitable for young kids and likely even older ones might have trouble. Also, these are not as quickly absorbed.
2. Squirt on Oil– MESS! I love this stuff for myself, but I still get it everywhere and it stains sheets/clothing so be careful. It requires a still body to apply and rub in and- well- I don’t know about you but my son is only still when he is already sleeping.
3. Spray on Oil- Many kids are afraid of sprays and others will only spray when they can do it themselves. Enter some of the problems from #2 plus the risk of spraying in eyes.
4. Magnesium Bath Salts– Not a bad idea for sure, but we don’t always bathe just before bed (who bathes their kids every day anyway?) or just before school.
Now a Few Tips on the roll on:
1. Make sure to rub it in. Because of the aloe vera in the product it can be a little runny. Be sure to rub it in to eliminate mess.
2. Start on the bottoms of the feet. Young children especially might experience a bit of coolness that feels like “burning” to them. It’s best to start on the tougher skin on the bottoms of the feet as they get used to the “cool” feeling.
3. Apply when you feel your child needs it most. If you have a hyper or anxious child at school then before and after school might be best. If you have a struggling napper or bed time is a nightmare then just before those times is best. It tends to work pretty quickly which is great!
4. While young children will require just a small roll on the bottoms of the feet older children can benefit from rolling on the back/stomach- especially for any digestive distress.
5. Adults can most definitely use our oil. Use liberally on the back/stomach and thighs along with any tension spots.
Got questions? Please email us at info@raisethemwell and let us know!
Want exclusive coupons and the chance to be the first to try our new products? Join ourSampler List HERE!!!!